Sunday, August 13, 2006

Life is changing too fast to keep a hold of...

So...This weekend was good and bad...

I found out on Friday that my Uncle Don died last Thursday night.

Evidentially his spleen quit working about a month or two prior...and instead of going in to see a doctor about the pain that he was having in his stomach area...he ignored it. So, Thursday night rolls around...his temperature is about 103 degrees Fahrenheit...and he can't seem to warm up. His wife decides to take him to the hospital...And he dies later from a bacterial infection of the spleen.

Friday: after I found that out...I went to archery practice...shot infrequently...socialized...drove to a restaurant to celebrate a friend's new job. A job that I helped him to get and it was a very happy moment. After that, I went out to my friend's ranch...yes it was the same friend. Drank a fifth of whiskey in an hour. Chased it with a Fat Tire Beer and a Smirnoff Vodaka Sour Grape Twister and abruptly passed out in the back yard. I managed to rouse myself a couple hours later in order to stumble inside and crash on the couch.

Saturday: I woke up...was given biscuits and gravy and bacon...drove my new motorcycle to the shop for a tune up (I won't get her back until Wednesday or Thursday) and I was taken out to a different ranch to help with the fences and to ride horses. After that I went to a BBQ and passed out on the couch after everyone else was asleep.

Sunday: Woke up...Went to breakfast...Came to work...That about covers it.


And that was my weekend...How about the rest of you?...I wanto to hear about your weekends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home